I've created a new forum called Requests for Tom, so that people can direct specific questions, or requests for new tutorial videos to me.
I did this because the volume of messages I get on the broad spectrum of contact I have (Facebok, twitter, email, private messages etc) can get out of hand sometime and I can't keep up.
So.. if you have something you want me to directly answer, please go over here and post away! This is currently open for all members, not just Pro.
- Upload the tune that you would like mastered to soundcloud UNMASTERED - make sure your levels are the best you can make them and you don't have any mastering / limiting / compression on the output. The key is dynamic range and the waveform should not have hard lines at the top/bottom
- Post the link in this thread
- Myself and Mr. Bill will choose 5 tunes, you have more of a chance if your tune has good levels and mixed well, but everyone is elligible!
- If chosen, Mr. Bill will give some feedback on the mix, possibly asking for some small changes to be made to make his job easier
- Once changes are made, send Mr. Bill the ready to be mastered track
- Finish tracks will get posted here and on www.cosm.co.nz frontpage
- Video tutorials will be uploaded to the Pro Member download area
- We all learn a shit load (me included)
This patch allows you to map two parameters to a toggle button and specify what percentage of the maximum and minimum values are depending on whether the toggle button is OFF or ON, 12 times.
- Click on the first Map button for one of the instances, and then click on the first parameter you wish to modify.
- Drag or type into the number boxes (0-100) what values you want that parameter to be on both the off and on states.
- Repeat for the second mapping.
- Click (or map) the toggle box to switch between those states.
Triggering with MIDI
When dropped on a MIDI track, this patch will recieve MIDI note data and turn off and on the toggles depending on whether a note is being played or not.
The notes need to start from C-2 and go up from there... so
C-2 toggles 1
C#-2 toggles 2
D-2 toggles 3
and so on
This allows you to create midiclips with 'presets' that quickly turn the toggles off and on.
My latest patch is called Toggle Router
This device switches the output of a track between two other tracks.
- Set "off" track to the first option
- Set "on" to the second option
- Click "list" next to one of the twelve drop down menus
- Choose the track you want to route from the drop down menu
- Toggle the track off and on with the button