Hi! Welcome to the Weekly Challenge! Each week, a new challenge will be posted aimed at helping you think outside the square, learn new techniques and prevent you from falling into the dreaded creative rut.
Being involved in the challenges are completely optional, you can miss as many weeks as you like, but I highly encourage you to have a go, even if it's something you feel you would absolutely suck at!
There are 3 types of challenges and every 4 weeks we will cycle through them. They are as follows :
- Bizarre - designed to make you think outside the square and try something you've never done before. The purpose? to get you thinking about your tools in ways you never have, discovering new tricks to add to your usual production toolkit.
- Practical - designed to both help you build your own archive of original content, and (optionally) add to the Pro Members pool of patches, presets, samples, racks and processes.
- Shoe Swapping - designed to put you in the mind-set of someone else for a while, problem solving a task that you probably wouldn't be used to.
Each challenge you complete will get you a reward (in the form of an 8 bit animal) that will be displayed on your public profile in your achievements area. Over time, these achievements will be used for various perks and give you access to special content.
There is also a forum with a topic for each challenge, for people to swap ideas and discuss what's going on.
Want to try? Click here to be taken to the challenges
Pro Membership gives you secure, instant access to the archive of HD videos and full Ableton Live Project files, including
- The Bullshit Free Dubstep and Glitchhop Power Course
- Introduction to Digital Audio Production
- Sound Design Series
- Megaset - the Ultimate Ableton Live Set (ready for jamming)
- Full Complete Tracks in Ableton Live Project Format