Gidday Bro! I'm Ken the Kiwi, and my challenge to you falls under the "Shoe Swapping" category; challenges that are made to put you in a position your not usually used to.
For this challenge, we're going to get you to do a remix. Tom's put up an Ableton Live project file of an entire tune he created for the COSMIC-CORE album (a collaboration of music from members of the forums on this very site).
The catch is you need to remix this in a genre that your not used to producing! Usually write dubstep? write a trance tune... like trance? write a chill out tune! Any genre is accepted but you super encouraged to tackle something new.
Here's a few pointers/guidelines to help you out:
- Don't like a particular genre? Do it! See if you can make a tune you like out of a genre you despise.
- Absolutely any style of music is accepted.
- Push yourself! Try to do something you've never done before, that is the whole purpose of these challenges.
- Make sure you don't use any copyrighted material, as each remix will be featured on this website and Tom doesn't like lawyers.
- If you're up for it, make a video and upload it to youtube so people can see how you approached it.
- Remember this isn't a competition, there's absolutely no winners, well there is, everyone wins.
So there we have it, if you're new to this whole challenge thing I highly suggest you have a try, it's amazing how fast you learn when you push yourself to try new things.
Have fun! And remember to head over to the Forums if you have any questions.
P.s. Here's a video that Tom made of the tune
Pro Membership gives you secure, instant access to the archive of HD videos and full Ableton Live Project files, including
- The Bullshit Free Dubstep and Glitchhop Power Course
- Introduction to Digital Audio Production
- Sound Design Series
- Megaset - the Ultimate Ableton Live Set (ready for jamming)
- Full Complete Tracks in Ableton Live Project Format