Hey, I'm Sarah the Snake, and my challenge to you falls under the BIZAARE category!
Over here at the 8bit zoo, we've had a bit of a discussion and decided to change a few things.
Firstly, challenges are no longer just for Pro Members... anyone can enter. Anyone at all. The positive feedback from people learning was so overwhelming that we thought it's time for everyone to be able to participate - so now you have no excuse.
Secondly, we're not going to set time limits. This is so people who missed out or didn't have time can complete previous challenges in their own time. You are encouraged to try and get each done within a week so you are ready for the next one, but it's not necessary.
The final thing we talked about was how some people have not been getting involved as they feel their skill level isn't good enough, so that's how we came up with the concept for this weeks challenge.
Write a short tune, but make it the worst thing you possible can.
It can be distorted white noise, it can be a pop song about teenage love, it can be bad rapping... anything and everything is accepted. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as it makes people cringe when they listen to it!
Here are some tips to help you out
- Rather than just make as much noise as you can, try using space to make the noise even more annoying, contrast can really help make things sound like shit (and sound awesome, but that's not for this challenge)
- Clipping is great!
- Badly timed samples are awesome welcomed!
- Can you sing? try singing out of tune, so how far you can sing out of tune, or see how far you can sing out of tune so it sounds in tune, but just a little off.
- 999bpm is fun. So is 20.
So you have absolutely no excuse not to submit this week! Everything is public, you have no time limit and no matter how bad your submission is, it will be valid.
Have fun! Any questions, head over to the forums.
p.s. Here's Tom's submission.
Pro Membership gives you secure, instant access to the archive of HD videos and full Ableton Live Project files, including
- The Bullshit Free Dubstep and Glitchhop Power Course
- Introduction to Digital Audio Production
- Sound Design Series
- Megaset - the Ultimate Ableton Live Set (ready for jamming)
- Full Complete Tracks in Ableton Live Project Format