Hey, my name is Tittles the Tiger and my challenge to you this week falls under the Shoe Swapping category!
My challenge is this. I want you to put yourself in the shoes of a sound designer for phone alarms 50 years in the future (You know, when they are smarter and realise it's much nicer to wake up slowly than suddenly?).
You need to create an alarm that starts silent, and builds up gradually to the most hectic awkward buzz alarm GET THE HELL UP you possibley can, with a minimum of say, 5 minutes.
This way people can slowly wake up as things get more hectic, and by the time it gets to the point that they need to turn it off, will have woken up nice and fresh!
Here's some tips to help you out :
- Feel free to use any samples you like, just remember they can't be copyrighted or I'll get in trouble for hosting them!
- Alarms are usually detuned oscilators detuned by a dissonant interval
- Try to imagine things that are really peaceful, and things that are really horrible, then find a transition between the two.
- Remember this is probably going to be played on a phone, so low bass and stereo work aren't that important (even though Tom did in his video)
p.s. Here's Tom's attempt!
Pro Membership gives you secure, instant access to the archive of HD videos and full Ableton Live Project files, including
- The Bullshit Free Dubstep and Glitchhop Power Course
- Introduction to Digital Audio Production
- Sound Design Series
- Megaset - the Ultimate Ableton Live Set (ready for jamming)
- Full Complete Tracks in Ableton Live Project Format